Total Pageviews

My shiny new Blog

Well here it is... I finally made a blog. My name is Ryan Downie and I own and operate Last Chance Tattoo in Las Vegas, My interests include, Tattooing, Drawing, Painting, Building garage choppers/bobbers (anything with a motor really), Building tattoo machines, Machinework/welding in general, Riding bikes, old, cars and anything Vintage, old, greasy, dirty, or loud and fast!! I have bult a few cars over the years, but a lot more bikes, i starting riding at the age of 4 and i havent stopped since! I stated Tattooing at 13 and ended up in a shop by 18... I will use this blog for, random thoughts, pictures of my hobbies, and general whateverness (not a word? owell) If you find anything interesting or not intersting either i guess haha, leave me a comment, or send me a message, enjoy!
Ryan Von Downie Esquire and Associates... :)

Friday, May 7, 2010

I got a new bike today!

So its a Suzuki Ls 650cc and its had a lil work done already like aa basic bobber look, ie:hardtail struts, 2inch exhaust pipe no baffle, large carb with huge jets, sporty tank, chopped fender etc... i took it for a quick ride and , damn this thing is FAST! comfortable too, it had a lil pair of drag bars on it and im just way too tall for them so my first thing was straight to the hardware store for some steel and i made a set of z bars... The next thing i did before the sun went down was drill out the primary drive cover with a ton of little holes to lighten and make for a cool look to see the drive but not take it off and have it look like i was lazy and just pulled it off rather than putting some thought into it, i plan to do quite a few more things to this bike over the next few weeks, such as, pai nted tins (metalflake lace and striping) cut rear fender off completely and side mount tag and tail, remove all wires but needed to run and lights, remove rear pegs and all tabs that are not used, add t exhaust taking it all the way to the back and shoot it 4 or 5 feet up in the air with a coctail shaker or deisel stack on top, make and add a fancy sissy bar with bedroll rack, fiberglass wrap the first 2 feet of the exhaust, make better looking battery box, redo the seat with bass boat vinyl in metalflake finish, a few other lil details but for now heres what i got, before and after z bars added.... the bars were just quickly made to test fit and ride to check comfort, still need to finish gring, weld caps on top with machined spikes on top, and general smoothing of welds b4 powdercoating or or plating....


No comments:

Post a Comment